Saturday, May 7, 2011

About half an hour after my last post, I got a call from the guy (Richie) who wanted to buy my spare crankshaft. He came up today from about 80 miles away with a friend, and we loaded the block into the trunk of his W126 Mercedes, had a very enjoyable chat about Mercedes diesels, BMWs, trains (his friend is a train enthusiast), and the Civil War (I am an enthusiast) and they departed. I mentioned the Chowdah Q in September, so, although they come from a town about 80 miles west of here, we may have a couple of new faces there, who knows. Nice guys.

So now I need to get the engine crane either disassembled or at least moved out of the way sufficiently for me to bring Marlene inside the garage. Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and we have some out of town plans, so it may be a few days until I get to it. But getting that block/crank out of there is a big first step.

I do have other spare parts for the W115 Series if anyone needs something. Check the used parts page on this blog. Shoot me an email, and I will check to see if I have what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment