Sunday, March 13, 2011

Choosing a used engine

I have been busy with some BMW stuff so I haven't been able to get back to this. My son, Brian, and I have done a little prep work to get the garage space ready for a project. I hit the Harbor Freight Parking Lot Sale today on our way to visit our older son, Andrew, and his wife, Sara. Picked up their 11 drawer tool chest to get a little better organized in the garage.

I am waiting to hear from a guy down state who has the engine I want... It is apparently still in his barn... Waiting for the snow to melt enough so he can get access to it. I will either pick it up with a truck, or he may deliver it for a fee. Six to one, half a dozen to the other.
The other engine I had my eye on .... Still in the vehicle.... I would have to perhaps take the whole car... Which he has largely stripped already, and haul it here from 110 miles away. Much simpler to just have this other guy just drop off the engine. We shall see, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment